School is starting and I am not ready!!
What do you do when you don’t feel ready to start school? You had 6 weeks off and it just didn’t seem long enough! This happens to everyone after a vacation or even a weekend. We have so much to accomplish on our “mental” list for our time off of work and school. So what can you do? Well, these tips might help you prepare yourself for the semester.
1. Think positive! It is only a 16 weeks of school with a spring break thrown in there! It will be over quicker than you can imagine, just like all the rest of your past semesters.
2. Make summer vacation plans so you have something to look forward to when you are amidst the stress of school. How about camping on the beach or a road trip to Las Vegas? Planning a trip can always help you feel better.
3. Start preparing this weekend. It might get you more excited about the new semester. The beginning is always the best!
a. Print your syllabi
b. Google your professor and see how awesome they are!
c. Order or buy your books
d. Get your school supplies
e. Organize your backpack
f. Align your school schedule
g. Look for a job/internship/volunteering opportunity
4. Go for a hike or walk in nature. Being out in nature can really clear your mind and help you gain perspective. El Dorado Nature Center, Bolsa Chica wetlands, and many more are right around here. Take a friend, a family member, or a date!
5. Make a list of intentions for the coming semester. What do you want to accomplish? Better grades? Make more friends? Join a club? Volunteer? Exercise more? When you write down your intentions you are more likely to achieve these goals. Put the list next to your bed or next to your mirror in the bathroom so you see it all the time and it will encourage you. If you are ready to start making changes, check out our Wellness Wednesday workshop series. The first workshop on February 8 will deal with setting goals and creating a wellness vision for yourself.